HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

2.19.2014

"where you tend a rose, my lad, a thistle cannot grow"

This time around for "The Creative Collective", the challenge was titled "anything goes art". The challenge was to collect items that you already owned in your home and make art out of them. I don't know if you remember this mobile from the shoppe, that was sold last year- but that was my favorite mobile, and for a while I've been wanting to do another one. I got together my supplies:

mobile

| 1 hardback book
| hot glue (not pictured) 
| twine/thick string (not pictured)


paper flowers

| paper
| watercolor
| tissue paper
| floral tape


The mobile is so simple to make. Simply tear out all of the pages, and glue them "hot dog" style. Drill a hole through the spine of the book to put your twine through- this will serve to hang the mobile from the ceiling. Then start gluing the pages in a waterfall form, shaping it however you like. You can make it as long or short as you like. You don't have to use all of the pages.


I like to add a little extra to the books, so I thought it was only fitting to add paper flowers to "The Secret Garden". I found this really lovely DIY for paper flower making via Kelli Murray's blog


So fun. I always forget how lovely these turn out. I'd really like to go book hunting soon at some used book stores. I really love the way yellowing of the older books look. 


You can find this book mobile for sale in the shoppe here. Get it for 40% off with the code "creativecollective" through the rest of February! |||This is a one of a kind mobile and will not be re-crafted ||
The Creative Collective

No comments:

Post a Comment