HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

4.12.2013

An introduction...

They always say the first line is the hardest to write. I'm getting that same vibe with the first post. I suppose I should start with an introduction. Hello! ::waving:: My name is Shayla. I'm getting married in October to my favorite person of 4 years. We have the most beautiful daughter who will turn ONE in May [I don't wanna talk about it], and I'm starting this blog because I have recently started a business that I would like to share with the cyber world.

All of my life I've dabbled in this and that, but I would quickly change my mind in what I wanted to do.  Always wanting to find a niche somewhere, I searched and searched, and I've appreciated many outlets. Nothing ever grabbed me and took hold, though. Nothing stuck. I was never deeply passionate about anything. Nothing, that is, until I had my baby girl. I realized that everything in my whole life had never lit me up, or made me think, or kept me going like she did. Being a mother is my true calling, and although being paid is necessary for taking care of that sweet thing, all I ever really wanted to do was parent. On May 27, 2012 my life found its purpose. I'm still learning what all that entails.
newborn photos by Hibben Photography 
I've always been a creator. I've painted, crafted, made jewelry, baked, and even tried my hand at music. (I dont wanna talk about that one either..) When it was time to put together a nursery, we knew we wanted something "us". Something that wasn't gobs and gobs of pink, and something that could be original, and didn't look like anybody else's nursery. True to who we were, we started searching at thrift stores, and local shoppes, etsy, and even craigslist offered up the sweetest vintage rocking chair you've ever seen. We began to compile pieces from here and there and it wasn't until I began to register for items for my baby shower, that I realized we had no mobile. Nor was there a mobile out there that fit into what our nursery was. Initially I just made some paper pom poms to stick up in the corner over the crib, but when that would no longer do, I got my lace doilies and yarn out, and I created a one of a kind mobile for my sweet.

I was so proud of myself, I started creating more and more. Searching for inspiration on pinterest, and in nature (as one would). I found our house overrun by 5 different designs of mobiles, and some of the pieces I needed, I had to buy in bulk. Now our living room is a store room of puffy white clouds and lace, and books, and so on and so on. Thus, Moons & Junes was created.

I opened the etsy shop at the beginning of March, and have started to expand, though I haven't listed many other things yet. I had a beautiful, talented, photographer friend Melissa Green, take the most dreamy photos of my mobiles, and if those won't sell 'em nothing will. I've had so many friends already inspire me and help me, and burn their fingers on hot glue for me. Even if this never reaches more than 20 people, I've already been so incredibly blessed. My dreams are for this little quaint online shop to grow and for other people to fall in love with mobiles as much as I have. I hope this is what I do. I hope that I can stay home with my sweet little love and watch her grow and develop new creations as she does. Wishes and hopes, and sweet baby rolls. That's what my dreams are made of.

5 comments:

  1. Such an incredible blog full of information! I'm so proud of you in all you do, and I know your heart has gone into each of these mobiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. :) love you!

      ( ^^that's my future mother-in-law, ya'll)

      Delete
  2. You have such a wondrous eye for beauty. Your creativity matches your beautiful soul. I'll always be a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so so so nice of you to say Lynsey. <3 Thank you so much for your sweet words and support.

      Delete
  3. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! *waving back*

    ReplyDelete