HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

4.15.2013

additions.

I started Moons and Junes as a mobile shoppe for babies. Since opening, April 1st, I've had several people interested in Dreamcatchers. Luckily, they were something I could design to fit into my shop feel. I'm happy to announce that our "Chloe Dreamcatcher",  which has hints of silver and pink in it, is available for sale on etsy. It's just so sweet and subtle.

Dreamcatchers originated with the Ojibwa tribe. Throughout time other Native American tribes have adopted the sign and its significance has altered. In 1929 Frances Densmore wrote in her book Chippewa Customs that  "even infants were provided with protective charms"...(Dreamcatchers) "caught any harm that might be in the air as a spider's web catches and holds whatever comes in contact with it."

What parent doesn't get a little insomnia over their baby sleeping by themselves in the night? Fern has been sleeping in her crib for months and I still sleep with the baby monitor right by my head... just in case. I probably will until she's a teenager... or moves out of the house.. Monitors don't pick up signal all the way in the dorms do they? ... I'll be working on that.
I think these dreamcatchers are a sweet little extra way to hope for good things in the night when you get some shut eye.. along with prayers, and baby monitors.. maybe just a couple middle of the night "peeks". We can never be too protective, can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment