HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

2.19.2014

Weekly Wishes || 5

I can't believe I've already been part of this linkup for 5 weeks! Time sure flies when you have enough blog content to schedule posts. <3 I'm LOVIN it.
So, my weekly wishes for last week looked a little like this:

- get rolling with this new book I started
- make a garland -done
- Make something for the Collective Creative challenge - done
- get my hurr did (yep I said it) -done .. sorta
- do something nice for my husband for no reason at all
- make 4 more dreamcatchers for "the big order"
- make new dreamcatchers with leftover supplies
- come up with a custom design for a potential order -done
**BONUS** Be part of a photo shoot for Love Well Handmade's spring line! -doooooone!

I did a lot of failing at this list this week. Where did all of the time go?? I didn't read a page of that book, didn't do anything especially "nice" for my husband (bad wife award goes to... ) and I didn't get any of the dreamcatchers done, because I ran out of my twine, which I won't have restocked until tomorrow. BOO. big time. - and on the husband subject.. it's not like I wasn't nice to him- just to clarify- but I kind of had something in mind I wanted to get for him and then we ran out of "spending money", and then I just couldn't think of anything that didn't cost money. Is that horrible? It FEELS horrible. Surely there's something on pinterest for that kind of thing. I'm going right now to search "nice things to do for your husband".

But enough about the failures...
Here's what I DID do.

+Love Well Handmade asked Fern to be part of their photo shoot for their spring line (launching in a short 3 weeks! pre-orders sooner) We got to go and have the incredible photographer Ely Fair snap some adorable shots, and spend some fun times with some REALLY fantastic people. We had such a blast, I can't wait to see the finished product. You guys. The family and mission behind Love Well is something that I'm SO PROUD to say we've been able to be affiliated with, even if it's just in this small way. It was such a great experience. (Follow them on instagram @lovewellhandmade to be kept up to date with their spring line launch)

+I made a little garland. Just because I wanted to, and I had a ton of tissue paper.

+I was pretty darn successful with the Collective Creative challenge this time around. The challenge was to make art out of resources you have lying around your home. I made a mobile out of Fern's book, "The Secret Garden", and some paper flowers to accompany it. You can find it for sale in the shoppe.

+Oh, and.. I did it ya'll. I died my hair. It isn't purple pastel pretty, yet- but it's on it's way to being so. My hairdresser Jordyn *who you can find on my sidebar just there to the left) really did a great job in lightening my hair. It's a strawberry blondey color. It's quite pretty, but not where we wanted it. Rather than fry it off and stretch it too far, we decided to give it some time, and she's going to finish the job Tuesday! You'll be hearing more from me about that later this week. <3

+I totally came up with that design for a potential order the day I posted the list, and THEN I turned around and sold it not 5 minutes later. winner winner chicken dinner. I love getting good feedback. And I loved working on a custom order. I hope more of those come along. So fun.


This week's list looks a little like this:

- Finish 2 chapters
- Catch up on orders completely
- Plan a "staycation"
- Finish the last of the wedding "thank you's"
- Have lunch with a new friend -done
- REALLY dye my hair lavender -done
- Help baby sister figure out college choices -done
-Do something REALLY nice for husband- just because..and to make up for last week. -done



The Nectar Collective


Oh- P.S. you should REALLY sign up for the Etsy Swap!  These are so much fun, and you meet great ladies! You can head over to Meg's post here to learn more about it! I've already signed up. If it's anywhere near as fun as the Christmas Exchange was- you won't be sorry. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment