HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

2.07.2014

Reminiscing over the past five years

 2009
So, I guess when you get married- you're technically suppose to stop "celebrating" your dating anniversary, but I do just want to acknowledge it. Because it's a big deal. Tristan and I just celebrated our fifth anniversary of the day he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday. We didn't really DO anything to celebrate, but it's a sweet day to just talk to each other and reminisce about the last five years. My favorite part of dating anniversaries is asking Tristan to tell me the story of him asking me. Every year. I'll keep doing it forever and ever, because I want him to have it down PAT to tell to Fern when she's older. I like the parts he puts in about how we'd been hanging out for a long time before and were basically dating already, but he was still so nervous to ask me. I also like the part he puts in about asking me "officially" over text, and me turning him down, and telling him he needed to ask me in person. atta girl. pat my own back. ;) Reminiscing is so much fun. I was just listening to John Tesh the other day (who I get MOST of my life advice from) and he was just talking about how great reminiscing about the good times with your significant other helps you get over the hard times so much faster, and helps grow and strengthen your relationship. It's so true. Five years of great memories is such a wonderful thing to go back and remember together. Laughing at silly things that happened. It's like going back and re-living that great time together. I'm so excited for next year, and 10 years.. AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES!  anniversaries are so great.
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment