HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

10.01.2013

October 1st, my own personal holiday.

For the past 3 years I've taken it upon myself to celebrate October. Why are we celebrating October, you ask? Because it's the BEST month in the BEST season. October is when the leaves change and fall. October is when the weather starts to get chilly (but not too chilly) and you can start to feel good about wearing cozy sweaters and leggings (and not shave your legs, amiright?) October is when I finally feel like drinking hot drinks from mugs, and decorating with pinecones and pumpkins. All of my favorite smells are from October, and they usually all come from some sort of pie.

October is when I'll marry the best man I've ever met.

October is when said fantastic man and I, found out we were having a daughter, and with that started building our family together.

So. In light of all the wonderful things October has offered me and is sure to offer me every year, I celebrate. I celebrate with a pumpkin latte, and by buying my family autumn treats. Like any other great holiday, (Christmas) I stick with the "want, need, wear, read" theme.  When Fern gets home from MDO today, we'll go pick out pumpkins and mums. Tis the season!


Autumn loot pictured above:
*want* Nature Wick candle. -- 3 in 1 Scent: Vanilla Dolce, Apple Tree, Bonfire Nights. (It's the kind of candle that crackles when it burns because of the wooden wick. my favorite!
*need* (NOT PHOTO'd ) I got Fern the sweetest red peacoat from Target today. She is in NEED for the colder season!
*wear* Everybody gets a sweater!
*read* "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger. >> It's on my 30 books list, and I must admit, I've had it for a couple of years. Some dear friends told me it was a pretty spooky book, so I've been waiting for the right time to read it! Halloween-time seems like a pretty perfect time to do so!


Everybody should celebrate October! If you've got the time today, go out get your "want, need, wear, reads" or just celebrate October the way you'd like to celebrate it! Create your own traditions, decorate for fall, buy sweaters, make a pumpkin pie! It doesn't even necessarily have to be today (but next year you should plan for it)
If you do end up celebrating October, write about it and share your link with me! I'd love to see how you and your family celebrate the BEST MONTH EVER.


"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" - Anne of Green Gables


also, Dont forget to enter my giveaway for a giftcard to The Vintage Pearl below. You have until Friday to get your entries in!

No comments:

Post a Comment