HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

10.16.2013

Guest Post: Life Alaskan Style

Hello everyone! Shayla's off getting married, and she invited me over to her space for the day. I'm so excited to be here and share with you! My name is Whitney, and I blog over at Life Alaskan Style. What the heck am I going to post about?! That was the first thing I thought after I happily agreed to write up a post. A day or two later, while online shopping for my sons fall wardrobe, I was getting so excited about how many completely adorable things I was able to find for him that were made in small shops across America other mamas. At that moment I realized what I was going to post about - my favorite fall fashion pieces for toddlers from small shops all across the country. I thought it'd be especially fitting for sharing with Shayla's readers since she's such a talented shop owner herself! It feels great to be able to support small, local business when shopping for Riggs rather than getting everything from big box stores (that I can't help but love) like Target or Gap or Nordstroms. Plus there's so much more variety! Here are some of my favorite items for fall from some of my favorite shops...
| TODDLER GIRL |
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9

| TODDLER BOY |
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9

Oh man, I am just in love with all of these items! And the best thing is, there are many, many more patterns to chose from in most of these shops. Patterned leggings are a big hit in our house, as they are so comfortable for lounging around inside and work great as a long-underwear-type layer for under jeans when we head outside in the chilly fall weather.
As far as accessories go, slouchy beanies and bandanas are probably our favorites. You can mix them and match them with just about any outfit so they are a great investment. I also love how many of these items are actually pretty gender neutral, so they can get plenty of use from future toddlers regardless of gender. 
Here's a few of my favorite shops in case you want to go browse through everything they have to offer:
I hope you enjoyed visiting with me today, I sure loved being here! Let's all send calm, relaxing thoughts Shayla's way as she journeys through this very special and very busy time in her life. I don't know about you, but I'm so excited to hear all about it when she gets back!

No comments:

Post a Comment