HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

10.21.2013

Guest Post: Elah Tree

Hello lovely Moons & Junes readers! I'm Samantha and I blog over at Elah Tree - a lifestyle blog full of creativity and encouragement. I also run a lovely little shop full of fun accessories! I am so honored that Shayla has allowed me to take over her virtual home for the day. Shayla is so sweet isn't she!

There are so many things I wanted to share with you today, but of course I had to narrow it down or we would be here all day. Is it to early to talk about Christmas? I know it's not even Halloween yet, but I have two very exciting things related to Christmas that I want to share. First, hop over here and learn more about The Great Christmas Exchange! I am ecstatic about The Great Christmas Exchange and I hope you decide to join us in this year's fun festivities!

So in honor of The Great Christmas Exchange I have put together a fun and easy Christmas ornament craft.
 photo Christmas_Decor1.png
Because of my shop I always have lots of fabric scraps and thought this project would be perfect. You'll need fabric, something to trace a circle, I used a mason jar. A pen or pencil, a rotary cutter or scissors, and stuffing of some kind. A thought about using fabric to stuff the ornaments, but then remembered I had some left over stuffing. photo Christmas_Decor.png
1) Trace and cut out the circles for the ornament. 2.) Pick out and cut fabric to decorate the ornament.  photo Christmas_Decor2.png
3.) Cut fabric stripes for the ornament loops. 4.) Sew decorative fabric to ornament circles.  photo Christmas_Decor3.png
5.) Place ornament pieces together, don't forget the ornament loop. 6.) Sew around the outside of the ornament, remember to leave a whole for the stuffing. 7.) Stuff the ornament with stuffing and then sew up the small hole.  photo Christmas_Decor4.png
All done! I hope this little project has inspired your creative side. Did you notice the Star Wars ornament? Yep, that one is for the Husband.  And last I leave you with a couple creative tips. Remember that creativity is just problem solving and it's a process. There is no failure in art unless you quit trying. Think of art as exploration. Don't focus on getting it right, just explore different ways to create.

Thanks for having me! Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment