HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

10.28.2013

Our Colorado honeymoon



We're back, we're back! I had such a wonderful time reading the girls' guest posts the last two weeks. Aren't they just the best? I hope you got a chance to visit each one of their personal blogs and get to know them a little better, because truly, they're just the most wonderful women. If you haven't, I encourage you to do so. You won't be sorry. 

Now... I know you all want to see photos from the wedding, but they're just not quite ready yet. Until they are, though, I'd like to share a bit about the places we got to visit on our honeymoon! This post may be a bit photo-lengthy, as I usually try to stick to between 1 and 3 photos per post. It was just so beautiful, this time of year. I couldn't help myself. Enjoy!
Where we stayed: 

We stayed at a little lodge a little ways up the mountain called "Boulder Mountain Lodge". We had no cell phone reception, and no wifi. It was perfect. The first photo in the collection of three, above, was taken along the road up the mountain to our lodge the day we arrived. As you see in photos above; while we were enjoying our crisp afternoon in our private hot tub, a doe and her fawn came to visit. It was magical. We sat quietly for nearly 20 minutes in awe of them. They noticed us, but didn't seem to mind that we were there. 
What we did:

We visited several places while in Colorado. Denver, Boulder, and Nederland were the three towns we frequented.
 While in Boulder, one of our favorite things to do was to hop coffee shops. If there's anything that isn't hard to find in Boulder, it's coffee and pizza. A few of our favorite places to stop for a cup were: Boxcar Coffee Roasters, The Laughing Goat, and The Cup. We ate breakfast at Snooze, which was incredible; I had a breakfast pot pie, and Tristan had a sweet potato pancake. Of course, we also had our fair share of pizza as well from Beau Jo's and Backcountry pizza. We went on a brewery tour at Avery Brewery, which was so fun and educational. We now proudly display our "A-hole" sticker on our vehicle. We also got to go to Boulder's Dinner Theatre and see "The Full Monty", which was hilarious and so so good. We tried to visit Boulder Falls, but due to falling rocks it was closed for the season. That's what the sign said. Later somebody informed us that it had been closed for years. 

We went into Denver, and I have to admit.. I did a lot of shopping. Mostly at forever21 which is so lame, because we have two here in OKC. What's a girl to do? We also got to hit up H&M which was a treat, because we don't have one of those.. yet. We spent our day shopping and roaming 16th street mall, and in the evening we walked Larimer Square (second picture, above, in the collection of three) and ended the night at Punch Bowl Social where we indulged in some adult beverages and spent all of our quarters on old arcade games, bowling, and Tristan taught me to play darts. There's even a rather embarrassing photo somewhere of my impeccable (not at all) aim. :: Spoiler:: I hit the scoreboard. 

Later in the week we decided to take a trip up the mountain to Nederland, a small hippie town that looks just like Frontier City with mountains for a background... and no rides of course. We had coffee in a little sidecar called Buffalo Bills, which was adorable. We spend the rest of our trip traveling up the mountains. Just exploring. Most of my more scenic photos are from that trip. I can't tell you how many times I made T pull over on the side of the road so I could capture the perfect photo.

Weather:

The weather was incredible last week. There was a light snowfall the first day we were there. Perfect. It looked like powdered sugar being sifted all over the rocks and trees. The rest of the week was just chilly enough to wear a sweater, but usually not cold enough for a coat until the sun went down. I wore tights, and sweaters and boots and scarves all week long and it was  b l i s s . 


Most importantly, I got to spend some good quality time with my husband. Something that we rarely get due to our opposite schedules. Our scheduling conflicts are our choice, so that we can each spend time with our daughter, but still... It was so nice to have him to myself for five days. I loved Colorado. I loved time with my husband ...
... but my goodness, You can't know how good it is to be back to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment