HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.02.2014

Last Week: In Review

Hi brave hearts. Admittedly, I didn't even make an effort with the blog this past week- but I have to tell you that it's because a certain little girl and I were partying hard ALL WEEK celebrating her second birthday! So maybe I neglected the blog, but we have lots to catch up on! (including her birthday party pics from this weekend!) Here are some shots from instagram!


images from instagram
captured:
* First snow cone of the summer!!
* Sweet little thing is such a great helper. She loves watering those flowers.
* Daddy/daughter shot at the summer's first OKC Twilight Concert Series.
* Grandmas angel food cake with fresh strawberries. Until Fern is old enough to decide on her favorite cake, I get to pick mine for her birthdays. (and get it again next month for MY birthday! #momperks)

it's the little things:
- spending time MONDAY with all 6 of my moms foster kids while she was away. <3 Those kids are such a blessing.
- Fern turned 2 TUESDAY! We celebrated with a birthday cupcake at our beloved Cuppies & Joe
- first snow cone of the year on WEDNESDAY! (at the best snow cone joint in OKC)
- a cup of tea on THURSDAY morning. I dont do that often enough. So still and quiet.
- date night with my man FRIDAY. We spent way too much and I got champagne just because. A+
- Obviously Fern's birthday party was a huge highlight- but in addition, SATURDAY night ended with a hilarious facebook thread between friends that had me crying from giggling so much.
- first Twilight Concert Series of the year! SUNDAYs will from here on out be my favorite day of the week.

links lately:
+ 25 worst (best) spelling mistakes on twitter (these are real people, ya'll)
+ have you heard of solar powered roadways?
+ this handy (and cute) printout of which foods might be more important to buy organic than others
+ a campaign titled #yesmencan organized by a group of men standing up for women everywhere in the wake of the terrible CA shooting over memorial weekend.
+ hysterical (and I do mean HYSTERICAL) photobombs by animals.

pinspiration

found via pinterest: backyard
How great are these homemade Floating candles with citronella oil?? I'm seeing backyard bbq's this summer with NO harassment of bugs and even less eye sore citronella candle buckets (you know the ones), no bug spray, and lots of these cuties. I'M EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment