HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.03.2014

Fern's second birthday

This post, is not over the top. It's not something you'll see as inspiration on anyone elses blog. It certainly won't be pinned... This is just a little post about Fern's average birthday party. I didn't spend a lot of money on decorations, to be honest, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off 20 minutes before because I forgot to get plates to eat on. I'm talking.. minimal planning. We didn't even do the watermelon ice cream covers because our printer was out of ink. ha! And actually, we did get a watermelon for eating, and then TOTALLY forgot to cut it up and eat it!

It was the best day. An intimate gathering with our family. Fern opened her presents, and we ate the most delicious angel food cake with fresh strawberries made by my grandma (at my request.. cause it's my favorite).. Then we just hung out for a while. That's it, and I've gotta tell you- it was perfect.  Here are some fun pictures from the day. Thank goodness my best friend, Hillary, was there to take photos. I abandoned the camera pretty early on. ;)


Days like this make you 10x more aware of how awesome your family is. Just the fact that they all took times to come eat cake and give Fern presents and just celebrate her life with us for a couple hours out of the day. Most of them traveled more than 30 minutes just to be with us. Fern's a really lucky little lady to have so many people who care so much, and I know we all missed the couple of family members who weren't able to be with us that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment