HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.09.2014

Last week: In review


photos via instagram

captured:
* new favorite tinted lip balm from the MKatplay collection! yay summer colors!
* T has been teaching Fern to skateboard. panic attacks commence!
* My friend Allison makes and sells the most BEAUTIFUL succulent wreaths.
* This is the worst picture I could possibly take of the BEST snow cone I've ever had. strawberry snowcone with cream, ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries, and a little slice of CHEESECAKE. (totally worth the $4.00 I paid. )

it's the little things:
- finding out MONDAY that I've been selected through Lyft to go on an all expenses paid trip to San Francisco as a leader of our mentor team! SO THRILLED!
- seeing the news on TUESDAY that a sweet friend and amazing lady I've admired for so long is engaged to the man of her dreams.
- I took a roadtrip WEDNESDAY with a sweet friend specifically to get snow cones we'd heard rumors about. They were amazing. it was so worth driving to the middle of nowhere for.
- I shaved my legs THURSDAY. And sometimes that's really just all it takes for the day to be a success. (the title of this section IS "the little things".)
- sister time on FRIDAY was so good. one of my little sisters just graduated High School, and is about to be WAY too busy and cool for me, so we got together Friday for dinner and spent some quality time together. <3
- SATURDAY afternoon porch sitting (with snow-cones of course) with my family. Those are my favorite times with them. You really don't need a lot of money to have something to do.
- GoT SUNDAY, as usual- but this week with a cheesecake mix I bought at the dollar store. (I know, right?- but it actually didn't turn out too bad)

you may have missed:
> Fern's 2nd birthday party
> Oklahoma Originals: Plenty Mercantile
> Meg's favorite things: A giveaway

links lately:
+ my husband is NOT my soulmate: things I want to tell my daughter about love.
+ 39 (totally spot on) things every fair skinned girl can relate to.
+ oh, and this guinea pig interview had me chuckling for a stupid amount of time.
+ which reminds me of Marcel the Shell with shoes on. remember that video? It's totally time to revisit it. <3
+ in celebration of "Orange is the New Black: season 2" this week: Tabby is the new Cat : a parody.
+ a REALLY awesome presentation bringing to light scientific proof of how people (men in particular) react to how modest a woman dresses, with a focus on bikinis. Love it, guys.

pinspiration:


Father's Day is quickly approaching. Although I'm still on the hunt for the perfect Father's Day present for my husband- this is for sure something I'm sticking in my back pocket (aka: Pinterest) for future years when Fern is old enough to write sweet things on it. Love this free printable.

You guys have any good ideas for Father's Day this year?? I'm getting desperate. It's coming up so quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment