HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.13.2014

June Meet & Greet

Happy FRIDAY! AAAAH! WE'RE MOVING INTO OUR NEW HOUSE TODAY!
I'm a tad excited. yaya! While I'm working my tush off to make our hew house a home, I want you to get to know the lovely ladies of the sidebar with this month's group Meet & Greet! 

Every month, I like to do a little Meet & Greet with the sweet ladies to the left so that you guys can get to know them a little better. (That's the meet part!) THEN. It's your turn! reply to any of the answers and then follow up with an answer of your own. (That's the greet part) This particular post is very much focused on making new friends and acquaintances, so chat it up! Meet a new friend! Fall in love with some new blogs! 

This month all of the fun summer events are starting in our city, and it got me wondering what other people do in their cities for the summer! Vacations are one thing, but most of us spend the majority of the time right at home with the kids (if you've got 'em).  I ask our ladies: 



Megan | Gold House Paper : "I am from Ocala, FL, a smaller town an hour outside of Orlando. In the summer there is a lot to do here! One of my favorite things is to goto Disney (In the evenings into the night time). A less expensive option is to go to drive in theatres, or make  homemade popsicles!"

Tillie | Hello Tillie : "Originally I am from Wellington, New Zealand. A beautiful little city close to the beach and the mountains full of cafes and artists. But right now, I am living in Melbourne, Australia. It's a huge exciting, creative city and I am having a blast exploring.
This summer past (it's winter over here at the moment!) we went to the outdoor cinema in the Royal Botanic Gardens. It was full of warm evening summer air, and community. There were bean bags and wine, and popcorn and it was awesome. A close second would have been getting fro-yo in St. Kilda, hiring a bicycle and cycling along he foreshore, playing in the sand, and dipping our toes in the ocean. Bliss.

Melissa | Fawn Over Baby: "We currently live in Valdosta, Georgia (courtesy of the US Air Force). We are fairly new to town, however, we have found that we love living just a few hours away from beach towns! So far this year, we visited St. George Island and are madly in love with "The Forgotten Island". We also enjoy spending a Saturday at Wild Adventures Water Park - just a 15 minute drive from us. If we're not venturing out of the house, we usually like to kick back in our back yard, throw a few burgers on the grill and watch our little 1.5 year old run around and explore. We lived in Alaska for 4.5 years so I guess you could say anything outdoors, we love! :D"

Samantha | Elah Tree : " I'm from Missouri! I love the Midwest! But I currently reside in Southern California. Summers look completely different in both of those places. One of our favorite things to do in the summer is to travel to Fresno and visit family. We go to Fresno all throughout he year but in the summer we get to go out on the boat which is my favorite thing ever. I just love being on the water! I also love getting ice cream.

Meg | Rivers and Roads : "I was born and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee and love this city so much. I have several favorie things about Chattanooga in the summertime, but I'll give you just two. :) Every year for the 4th of July, Chattanooga does an event called "Pops on the River". Everyone can come gather in beautiful Coolidge Park by the Tennessee river and listen to the Chattanooga Symphony play for a couple hours before we have a huge fireworks show!! Its one of my favorite things! It was rained out last year, so I'm hoping for good weather this year!

A business in Chattanooga always puts on "movies in the park" for each weekend in July and they play differnt family friendly movies each week. I found out they're playing Frozen on one of the weekends so I will TOTES be there. Watching Frozen outside under the stars?? Yes, please. The sky's awake, so I'm awake! ;) "

Christina | Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe : "I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California (you must say "Cal-EEE-forn-Ya" like our previous governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger did) More specifically, I am from and reside in a city in Los Angeles about 10 blocks from the Pacific Ocean. That being said, come summer time, our little beach town is the perfect place for late night bonfires on the beach, bbqs, walks around our downtown art district, and so on. LOVE a good bonfire with ample s'more gorging. One of my favorite things to do though, is attend our Concert in the Park and Shakespeare in the Park nights, which our town puts on a few weeks every summer. Can't wait for this to begin.


As for me:  (I live in Oklahoma City for those of you who didn't know) Every Sunday night in the summer, we have what's called "twilight concert series". It's an outdoor concert at twilight and everyone brings their lawn chairs and picnic blankets and all of the kids go up to the front to dance. There are hundreds of people who get together for this, but it all just feels so communal. I look forward to this time all year round!


Now it's your turn! - 
We all want to know: What do you do in the summer where YOU live?

No comments:

Post a Comment