HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

1.30.2014

In the shop:

So this is exciting. About a month ago I realized that I never made Fern a birth announcement. I know it's too late, now, to send any out to family- but I wanted to make one for her baby book, and also one just to frame. Just a lovely little piece of art that she can keep in her room. I hadn't painted in years. I actually lost any desire to create art after somebody commissioned me to do an album cover for them, and ended up not using it. Not using it was actually fine, but later I saw the band post the album cover on facebook, and it had turned out he had just gotten his sister to completely trace and redraw what I had. All credit to her. So I put my brush down, and just quit. Leave it to Fern to spark up my inspiration again. (as she always does) I went to Hobby Lobby and found a watercolor set on clearance, came home and created a watercolored birth announcement... and then I did another, and another, and then I decided I could sell these, and then I needed some ideas for the fellas...  Now I have 7 styles in the shoppe that you can purchase and customize to your own babe. Or really anyone.. It doesn't have to be a baby. Anyway, I'm just kind of proud to be painting a bit again.

I'd like to get better product photos, but these will have to do for now.
Anyway, head on over and see all the designs, if you'd like. You can go straight to the "birth announcements" tab to get straight to the newbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment