HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

1.29.2014

A Coffee Date with The Circle

I'm having a little coffee date today with the ladies of The Circle. If you'd like to join our coffee date go ahead and answer the following questions, and then link up so the other ladies of The Circle can get to know you better! Make sure to grab a little button for the sidebar of your blog. There's a fun new topic/theme every month. So fun!

1. Where are you seated (near the counter, near the window, near the door, against the wall, etc.)? So, Just FYI, we're at a little joint called Cuppies & Joe. It may sound familiar, because until a couple months ago I worked here! Cuppies is a little cafe inside of an old bungalow turned coffee shoppe. It's so charming. I'm in my second favorite room of the house; the front room. I love this room because there's so much beautiful natural light. There are windows along every wall. My favorite room is the book nook, because it's only got two seats in it, with built in book shelves along two of the three walls. It's the house favorite, so if you ever find it unoccupied you're certainly a lucky duck. :)

2. What are you sipping/munching on? A cappuccino. I'm a slow drinker, and since we're spending our time together talking today, 6 ounces is plenty. If you're not a coffee drinker, I recommend the chai latte. They're the best in town. I also got here a little early (about 9:30am) and hadn't had breakfast yet, so I grabbed some homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. (Tuesday special) It hit the spot. I consumed it before I could take a photo of the deliciousness.

3. What do you want to get off your chest first (can be as deep as you want)? I'm really more interested in what's going on with you today, but since you're kind of quiet today I'll oblige. - Coming back to this little coffee shop really makes me miss living in this part of town. I live so far away now. I'm just ready to finish this class and get my realtors license. Once I do that, we'll be on our way to owning our own home in whatever part of town we choose. I really can't wait to have our own space. I'm also a little flustered because I need to go to Target after this, but I haven't made a list yet.

4. If you could choose anyone (besides us of course) who would you have a coffee with? Hmm.. You know, I'd like to have coffee with a girl I haven't seen in years. My friend Jordyn. We crossed paths when I lived in Texas nearly 8 years ago, and have kept in touch ever since. We're soul sista's: she and I. I'd love to sit down over coffee and have a proper catch-up.

5. What is inspiring you lately? This short film by Spike Jonze titled "I'm Here" It's one of my all time favorites. I've had it bookmarked for years, and I go back and watch it every few months. It always sheds some inspiration when I'm in a rut. Also, theplantshoppe's instagram feed. They're a local shoppe here in OKC who deal specifically in succulents, and they are BEAUTIFUL. I'm thinking of trying my hand at doing a little watercolor photo with some succulents now. If you don't hear another thing about it, it's because it turned out terrible.

6. What are your plans after coffee? I suppose I'm going to get some studying done, since I've carried on about wanting to hurry up and get my license. :) After that I'll go to Target and finish my errands, and if there's time after that I think I'll just take a day off. I'll do some window shopping, and visit some other local shops I also find pretty inspirational. You can join me if you like.

So nice having coffee with you this afternoon.




:: oh! and if you didn't get the memo! A huge Congratulations to Kayla Curran for winning The Night Nights lullaby album giveaway! So exciting!! ::

No comments:

Post a Comment