HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

5.21.2014

Currently:



photo by: Katie Begley Photography
So these are fun little "get to know you" posts. I spotted one a bit ago over at Hello Tillie & decided that I'd adopt the tradition. They're kind of fun to post since [a.] it's a type of list and I'm obsessed with lists- and [b.] it's a totally laid back post that hopefully inspires some conversation in the comments section so we can get to know each other a little better.

So here's what's going on with me currently:

Reading: I JUST (finally) finished a book called "The School of Essential Ingredients", and now I'm debating on starting "Lost Lake", by my very favorite author Sarah Addison Allen- or start a book of short stories titled "St. Lucy's home for girls raised by wolves" by Karen Russell. I can't choose. Has anyone read either of those? Also Eleanor & Park is on the list- I just don't have it in my possession yet.

Feeling: Stuck? A little. but not overwhelmed by it. Just in more of a waiting place, really. Some of you know that my husband, daughter, and I have been living with my mother-in-law for quite some time now. We're FINALLY getting our own space mid-June and I couldn't be more excited! Only a couple of weeks! However, somehow it's caused me to sink into this rut of having so much inspiration, but not being able to picture pursuing any of it until we're in our space. Everything we own except for a few photos, books and clothes have been in storage for almost 2 years. I honestly don't even know what I have anymore. I'm so exciiiiiiited!

Thinking: Recently I started my own business as a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant. Mary Kay has this awesome resource for it's consultants online to do all sorts of training. There's just so much information! I'm trying to take it one lesson at a time and really soak in all of the knowledge. After all.. I am NOT a make-up guru- in any way, although I'd LOVE to be knowledgeable in skin care and how to do my makeup properly and teach other ladies to as well. So I'm really excited. I just want to lay my head on the laptop an absorb it all!

Eating: oh! this is fun. 2 things, and I totally want your opinion on the latter. 1st- I just tried this awesome recipe for homemade crispy chicken bites from Weelicious. It's SO easy. minimal ingredients. minimal prep time. and totally delicious! I made some Wednesday for lunch and then prepped and froze the rest for the rest of the week. genius!

also. my sister-in-law was telling me about this meal planning website called fresh20.  This is what I want your opinion on. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? So, you sign up- and it's only like $18ish dollars for a 3 month plan (or you can do an annual plan for just over $50) Fesh20 sends you downloadable meal plans for 5 meals per week, including all items you can prep ahead of time, your shopping list (including what they estimate for the cost of each item- love). It's a list of 20 ingredients, all of which you'll use throughout the week, and the recipes for each day. It's genius. It also sounds like it includes about 5-6 servings per dish, so you could either make less, or as I plan to do- save leftovers for lunch! The even have vegetarian and gluten free meal plan options. I downloaded the free mini-plan of 3 meals to test out before I totally commit. (you can find it at the bottom of the page on the website) Let me know if you've tried it- or what your thoughts are on it, though! I'm so interested in this!

Watching: Okay. Game of Thrones- obviously. and also- I just watched the season finale of The Mentalist! Which was amazing! Patrick Jane, I love you! Also, we started watching that Resurrection show- but totally lost track. anybody else following it? is it aliens? I don't even think I want to proceed if it's aliens.

Working on: Ideas for the shoppe! It's not anywhere near ready to re-open, but I am just brimming with ideas for it. Also- once we get into our new space I have a bazillion DIYs I want to document and share with you guys. I can't wait I can't wait!

Wanting:

  • everything in the home wares section at Target right now, especially if it's made by Threshold
  • more plants. I'm doing PRETTY good with my succulents- and trust me- the low maintenance is obviously what I need to stick with. I just want more, though! All the succulents! Give me all the succulents! 
  • Ghirardelli dark chocolate with sea salt caramel chocolates. You can get them at Target by the bag. I've eaten like.. no kidding.. 3 bags this month. each within a few days of buying the bag. They're soooo delicious! More more!

also:
 an herb garden, a white picket fence, some cute gardening boots, everything from Miss Ainsley Mae's new shop for Fern & a little playhouse outside (an upcoming 'honey-do' for T)... shall I go on? I won't, but I could.

If anyone else ever does a "currently" post like this- let me know! I'd love to read what's going on with you lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment