HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

12.12.2013

DIY Christmas Ornaments

Every year, much like our October 1st tradition, we have a December 1st tradition. It's to go and buy one new ornament each for our Christmas tree. This year, instead of our usual shopping trip, since we're on this crazy saving budget- We're making our own ornaments.
All you need for this easy DIY is:
* clear glass (we opted for plastic) globe ornaments (you can find these almost anywhere. I bought a box of 4 at hobby lobby)
* whatever you have in your house to fill it with. (whatever you can find to fill them or wrap them in! The whole point is working with what you have as to not spend too much. We're all budget friendly here.

Here are a few special ornaments we made this year:

For these ornaments I used:

1. felt! Just scallops and scallops of felt. easy peasy. Overlapped, and tied off at the top with a sweet little bit of twine. I found these sweet little gold leaf sequins I bought months ago for another project, and snuck them in for just a fleck of gold. You know, I love my gold.

2. Dried flowers! I took some of the dried flowers from my wedding bouquet, and snipped a few. It's the perfect way to commemorate our first year as a married couple! You could add a wine cork from your wedding, lace, anything that will fit inside to make it special.

3. yarn. pretty self explanitory.

4. glitter! I'm considering buying a white paint pen to write on this one, and the last. You could write anything about the holidays. "joy", "merry & bright", "2013",  "glad tidings" are a few little phrases I'm considering. I haven't quite made my mind up yet.


1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! I want to make some! Maybe I'll do that this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete