HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

9.04.2013

Organic Apple Rings: by Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe

Because we're all into buying groceries these days, and eating healthy, (well, healthier) I chose to feature a little recipe by one of my lovely sponsors, Christina, from "Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe".
The kiddos will not only  l o v e  this yummy treat, but  you're also not loading them with sugar and a bunch of synthetic ingredients, and that's something you can feel good about. Plus, you only need 3 ingredients that you probably already have in the kitchen. That's my kinda cookin'.


The above picture is what they're suppose to look like. Christina did a great job. I totally over baked mine, which you can see in the photos below. They were a little crunchier, and in comparison, don't look near as yummy as Christina's, but Fern (and our room mate Melissa) still ate them! ... all of them! So that really tells you something.


All you need are Gala Apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg. That's IT! Christina's are cored, which look so lovely. I'm lazy and dont have an apple corer, so I just sliced mine and removed the seeds. 

These little Apple Rings were the PERFECT mid-day snack.
I put Fern down for her nap, sliced them, put them in to bake, forgot about them (which wasn't in the directions), and by the time nap time was over, I had a great treat for Fern to wake up to.
She absolutely loved them. I love that I gave her something she loved that was really healthy.
I can't wait to try this again and really perfect the timing.

If you want the full recipe and directions, head over to Christina's Organic Apple Rings post.
While you're there, stay a while and look around. This lady not only has some very unique and fabulous recipes she shares on her blog, but she's also such a sweet lady, with a great eye for design. I'm happy to share her with you.
I'm a big fan of hers, and I know you will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment