HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.09.2013

Celebrations.

I just wanted to document something from Fern's birthday party. I know I've posted a sappy entry about her turning one, and then the last post was one year photos, but I haven't documented the party yet. Terribly sorry if this is a Fern birthday overload, but I just gotta.
The day before her party was a terrible day, weather-wise. (more) Tornadoes, and insane flooding. I just knew her party would be off. Despite the day before, a flooded basement at our party host's house, and my most pessimistic predictions, it was an amazing day. It was so beautiful out! The sun was shining, It was a gorgeous high 70-something degrees outside. It was perfect. 
All of our friends and family came, including grandparents who don't remember our names, grandparents who insist on taking back roads all the way to the city, and sweet friends who traveled all the way from Arkansas. 
We had a splash pad for the little ones, which was a huge hit with little Judah. I made treats and had a fancy little setup and we just entertained each other with good old fashioned mingling. Fern had a mountain of presents, which everyone wanted to see us open. Fern abandoned us for the splash pad and we had to awkwardly open all of her little tikes presents by ourselves in front of our mass crowd of guests..  like I said...awkward. 
It was such a good day. So many memories. I was actually so busy being mom that I didn't take one single picture! Can you believe it??! Mom fail. Last week I contacted everybody and got a pretty great compilation of photos from them to share with you. I'm so lucky to have so many people surrounding us who love her as much as they do. She's one lucky girl. We're one lucky family.

No comments:

Post a Comment