HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.28.2013

1 of 30 books

I recently made a 30 before 30 list on my blog. One of the things on my blog was to read 30 books, which is a huge deal for me. I love reading, I just don't make it a priority to find time to do it. I have no idea if I'll make it to my list of 30 books in the next 4 years, but I figured I'd better start now.. If my calculations are right, I can be successful at this task, if I can read at least one book a month. ( and finish early) Sounds, easy, right? ... We'll see. I might need your encouragement along the way.
The first book I'm starting with is called "Under Wildwood" by Colin Meloy, of the Decemberists. It's a children's novel. "Under Wildwood" is actually the sequal to "Wildwood", which I read earlier in the year. (the most recent book I read) That's why I wanted to start off my list with "Under Wildwood". 

I love the illustrations in this book as well. Our Library had "Under Wildwood" on CD, so you better believe I take advantage of that as well. Let's get real, there's no way I could actually READ 30 books in 4 years. Not without the help of audio books. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I love the illustrations so much, though, that I find myself going back after listening to a few chapters to see the art from the book, and if I find myself an extra hour or so, here and there, I can pick up the book and actually read. It's not cheating because I made up the rules. :) See? 
I've really enjoyed reading this book. I love being swept away to magical places, where foxes and pigs and owls stand upright and speak, and there's always an adventure taking place. Wildwood is actually located right outside of Portland, Oregon.. I don't know if you knew that. ;) If you haven't read this duo, you really need to put it on your list. I don't want to give too much away, since I'm talking about the sequel here, and not the first book... 



While you're reading, check out my list of books to read... Have you read any of them, or particularly recommend anything for my next read? I've got some variety in there so I want to keep them pretty well mixed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment