HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

6.25.2013

Insta-birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I've been trying to document via Instagram without overloading it, so some of these may be a bit of a repeat for any of you that follow me there, but I did try to go easy, so some are stolen photos from friends' instagrams. Let me tell you about my day!


Sunday, we went to celebrate my birthday with my family. (Which, if you don't know me, this is my favorite thing to do) Any reason for celebration and we get together for a cookout. Yesterday was the best, just getting to spend it with all the people I love and care about most. We played volleyball, and basketball, and shuffleboard. We ate, we teased, we loved. We ate cake. It was a pretty perfect day.
1. My sweet momma playing volleyball with Fern. <<<>>> 2. An innocent family game of volleyball including Fern.
For those of you who don't know, T's car is seriously jacked up. I don't like for him to drive it ever, at all, but we still have it in case of emergency. We're in the process of finding more reliable transportation, but until then, we stick to sharing my car. Which unfortunately for me, means that Fern and I are stuck at home all week during the day while he's at work. Today was a special treat, because T insisted on risking his life so that I could have the car for my birthday, which was a birthday blessing in itself. I took Fern to panera bread (She's a big fan of the strawberry parfait) and then we spent the rest of the morning at the Library until naptime. This girl was hilariously entertaining all day.
1.I love our Library, so much. It has the neatest kids center. 2. I wish you could see how incredibly crossed her eyes are.
After using our mobile afternoon to run some much needed errands, and a second nap for the day, T came home from work. Earlier last week he had asked if he could take me out to birthday dinner while his mom watched Fern for us. He wanted to take me to a little place in the Paseo called Sauced before dinner, he said, because the weather was so nice. We could sit out on the patio and have a glass of wine before dinner. You don't have to ask me twice. Little did I know that this little sneak had gone behind my back texting and sending messages to all of my friends! As we walked around the corner, they all yelled "SURPRISE!!!" and sang me happy birthday! I never suspected a thing! I still can't believe it.
1.Fern being super cute with gma. 2. Meanwhile, my friends are scaring the pants off of me. Apparently this is my surprised face. I should work on that.

We ended up staying at Sauced to eat and celebrate with all of our friends from every circle. My sisters were even there! Work friends, My oldest friends, my friends I've made through my relationship with Tristan. (They were his friends first, but I claim them too, now.) My maid of honor, Tristan's brother, and his wife. ... I mean.. gosh. I never would've imagined everybody all there at one place together like that. It was so great! We ate pizza, and talked, and had wine (of course) There were PRESENTS! .... man. I'm such a lucky girl.
1. Showing off my fancy earrings that Marek (pictured) and Casey got me. 2. Some of my oldest most dear friends. <3
We ended the beautiful evening by heading to Whiskey Cake, a new restaurant around here that is MY NEW FAVE. It had been where we planned to have dinner, but after the night we had, we just finished up there with a specialty cocktail and [obviously] a piece of the whiskey cake.. mind blowing.My cocktail was called "Tracy's garden". It was made with New amsterdam gin, cucumber, local basil and lime. So tasty.  Unfortunately It was late, and the lighting was poor, so I didn't get many photos. Which is very sad, because this place is charming. I guarantee we'll go back again, though. If you're a local Okie, you've just gotta go check it out. They use all local farmers for their food and drinks. They grow their own herbs, and there's a couch to lounge on around every corner.

ahh. The end to a perfect birthday.

also. In case you didn't notice ( and you probably didn't), but, a sweet sweet friend of mine bought me a legitimate url for my blogsite. I feel so official now. What a great birthday gift! Thank you sweet Tillie!
What a blessing, and huge surprise! Showering me with gifts all the way across the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment