HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

5.13.2013

My first Mother's Day.


Photo by Hibben Photography
This year was my very first Mother's Day, and let me tell you.. I've never been more thankful for my family than this day. I teared up so many different times. I'm so thankful for my wonderful fiance and our gorgeous baby girl, who made me a mother, and ultimately made me this big ole bag of waterworks and squishy feelings. I've never known a love like the love they give me.

After celebrating with them this morning, as they showered me with love and sweet gifts, we went to spend the day with my mother, and grandmother Just thinking of how each of us were raised to be the women we are make me so thankful for motherhood. It's truly a special thing.  There aren't enough words of admiration and gratitude for those women. The only reason I'm any sort of successful mother is because of those ladies. I'm so very blessed by them. We celebrated with our entire family (which consists of my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, my cousin, my fiance, Fern and I, and my mother and her 8 other children) by gathering at my grandmothers house after church, eating lunch and some yummy dessert pies my sweet little sister made, and lounging outside and playing our own special version of softball. I love these people more than anything. I hope when I'm my grandmothers age, we'll still have a large family who gathers for special occasions just like we do now. 

I hope all of you out there got to celebrate your mothers in the most special of ways. They certainly are amazing women, those mothers of ours. 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more - aren't our mothers an amazing lot?

    Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club to say Hi! Great blog!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so sweet of you to drop by and say hello! I love Mom Bloggers Club! :)

      Delete