HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

5.10.2013

#18 make a list of books to read



An easy one to check off the list, really.  It's #19 that'll be the challenge really, in reading them all. Some of you book junkies out there don't think that 30 books in 4 years is a challenge, but let me tell you, for me....  well let's just say, I'm skeptical. I could give you a list of excuses why I'll probably fail, but I'm not going to, because I don't want to give up this early in the game. Plus.. I just discovered books on tape/CD recently, so I may have a fighting chance.

For now here's my list:

 1. The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Leganski
 2. The Light between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
 3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
 4. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
 5. Eleanore & Park by Rainbow Rowell
 6. A constellation of vital phenomena by Anthony Marra
 7. An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender
 8. Under Wildwood by Colin Meloy
 9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon 
10. The Firefly Dance by Sarah Addison Allen, Kathryn Magendie and Phyllis Schieber
11.Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender
12. Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
13. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
14. Wish You Were Here by Stewart O'Nan
15. Divergent by Veronica Roth
16. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
17. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
18. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
19. The Rules of Inheritance by Claire Bidwell Smith
20. Bloom by Kelle Hampton
21. Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas
22. The School of Essential Ingridents by Erica Bauermeister
23. St. Lucy's Home for Girls raised by Wolves by Karen Russell
24. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
25. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
26. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
27. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
28. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
29. The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshily Jackson
30. The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry


A huge thank you to everybody who pitched in their suggestions on facebook. I couldn't have picked out 30 books if my life depended on it. I got 42 comments with several suggestions, so I had to just pick out 30, but I've saved all the recommendations, because after I read these I'll need to make a new list! (That's postitive thinking, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment