HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

4.03.2014

Etsy Swap 2014


I mentioned being part of the SPRING Etsy Swap this year a little while back in this post. I'm wondering how many of you participated?! I love love love the idea behind this swap. I love swaps in general. buying a gift for somebody you don't even know. Using the resources given to secretly get to know them (or stalk.. stalk might be a more accurate word) And then at the end when all is revealed you not only have new friends, but a bunch of goodies just for you! And who doesn't love surprise snail mail!? or any snail mail for that matter.
Also, the fact that everything is from small business owners makes it that much greater.
Here are the goodies I received in the mail from a sweet lady I've already been in contact with prior to this! When I got the package in the mail and saw that it was from Robyn, I was automatically excited, because this girl and I have a history of emails and I just knew it was going to be good! We're so alike!

Take a look at all of my loot!

Okay, so ACTUALLY (spoiler!) This month is my blogs anniversary month, and there will be giveaways GALORE happening- A couple of these VERY shops are giving away goodies. Seriously. How did she do it!? She didn't know that! // not to mention, a couple of these girls I consider to be good friends of mine, and to be given something from their shops was just really special. 

Meanwhile, I'm over here cooking up a little surprise for my new friend, Sara! First trying to find something for somebody you've never met is super hard. But she gave some great descriptions of what she's into that really made me think we'd mesh. Honestly, I just went shopping for things I'd like. (or already have). Then of course there's the waiting game. You know, the one you play after you've ordered your items and realize that you (of course) ordered something from overseas and there's no tracking, nor is there any telling how long it'll take to get to you. That waiting game. Sadly, I was totally past deadline getting her goodies to her, and I still haven't received one thing in the mail. BUT! as a backup- I just trotted down to one of our local stores here, DNA Galleries, who is known for not only supplying their shop with small business goods, but most of it is LOCAL small business goods.. Why didn't I think of this to begin with!  Here's what Sara ended up getting. :)

The Crystal Necklace is the only thing I actually ordered from Etsy. I knew right away I needed to get one. I have a similar one, & it's the only thing I knew for sure I wanted to get. The rest of the goodies (apart from the Target treats) were bought at DNA. They're all from local folks here in Oklahoma. The soap is made my a 9 year old girl, named Bella. It's made from all natural ingredients. It smells like heaven. 


Did you guys participate in the gift swap? I love these things. I can't wait til the next. <3

1 comment:

  1. Love the Be Brave print. Perfect for your new blogging adventure!

    ReplyDelete