HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

10.05.2014

What Fern Wore : Plaza Festival

Once a year our favorite little neighborhood in town shuts down their streets and invites small business owners and artists to set up tents and sell their sweet creations to the public. There are food trucks, and music, and a kids corner. It's devine. We didn't get to spend much time there this year, and sadly because we're on a bit of a budget until my new job starts- we opted for eating before we left home, and  I wasn't able to snag a pair of the new lovewell leggings in my favorite design from their new fall line (oh- but I will.)

here are a few photos from our day <3

love|well tee by lovewell handmade || red gingham bloomers by missainsleymae || cat ears from Target || braided sandals from Old Navy || sweet little monster friend handmade by our sweet friend Tommie.







As you can tell, Fern was in a very introverted daddy cuddle mood yesterday. (which is another reason we didn't stay long) I like to get her out in public a lot, and around people- but it seems like, despite my best efforts, she's destined to be an introvert like her dad and I.  (except probably more like me, because T is way less awkward and more quiet.)

A little boy came up to Fern and wanted hugs and to be friends. She pushed him twice, and when I swatted her, and restrained her hands- she started snarling at him like a dog warning you she's about to attack, and then she pulled this crazy Jackie Chan double foot kick, using me as a brace and the poor kid went stumbling back. I disciplined her, as any good mother should, and didn't let her take a picture with the big fluffy elephant costume lady, and sat her down on the curb to talk about how we don't kick people and how that sweet little boy just wanted to be friends, but honestly on the inside I felt like a total fake.. cause seriously kid. take a hint. Then when she followed the lecture with "momma, fern go home peez", I really knew she has more of me in her than I thought.

We decided to finish walking around a little more. Fern made quick friends with a sweet lab named Lucy, and I ended up calling that a social success for the way the evening was going. We hopped back in the car and Fern and I ended up on the couch cuddled up watching "My Neighbor Totoro" for the 3rd time this week.

I don't know if I should be, but I'm pretty okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment