HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

7.13.2014

Call off the search party!




naptime diaries: fail.

Hey-o, everyone! I know. My second post this month apologizing for my MIA behavior. I just wanted to do a little check in post (again) and explain what's been going on, where we've been, and what our plans are for the future.




- As most of you know, Tristan and I have been driving for Lyft, this awesome ride sharing company based out of San Fran. T & I were actually some of the very first drivers here in OKC when we launched in April. Since then our driver base has grown INCREDIBLY, Tristan and I are both now recruiters as well as drivers + mentors, and last month (about the time the blog started getting neglected) Lyft chose me and another girl from OKC to fly out to SF along with a few other of the founding mentors from around the country in other start up cities, to get some awesome extra training at HQ and to be fully emerged in the company and the community and the vision of Lyft. How. Exciting. Is. That?

What happened in SF? I already loved Lyft. That's why we chose to sign up for Lyft as opposed to other ride sharing companies in our city. Lyft is very transparent about their passion for building up the community, taking great care of their drivers, and building a trust within the driver/rider base that you just don't see in other companies. Then I visited HQ and got to be part of the original lyft dream and I fell in love 10 fold. It's REALLY about community. The people at HQ REALLY care about every one of their drivers and every one of their riders and are working around the clock to perfect the entire company to satisfy both. It's kind of a humbling experience to be part of a company who genuinely cares so much about people. You don't get that often in a job atmosphere.

Then I came home- With extra training on what our community is suppose to be shaped into and vital information regarding everything from the relational to political aspects of Lyft, AND a new job as a recruiter. Which is actually so much better for our family- since T & I share a car to Lyft in. As a recruiter, i actually get to stay home and make phone calls to potential drivers and answer any questions, all while Fern is napping and T has the car out driving.


So as you can see- that's been taking up most of my blogging time.


on top of that, we don't have internet at our house. So I can't just hop on to blog anymore as I use to. It's not that we couldn't get internet if we wanted, we just kind of lived the first couple weeks in our new home a little lazy, and then realized that cutting internet out of our home lives allowed us to a. save a ton of money, but also and more importantly, b. connect with each other more. Which has been a big unintentional eye opener.


then, it was upgrade time for my phone. I thought, 'hey. I've had iphone since iphones were things. I want to try something new! I want something with a big screen and new features. So I upgraded to this fancy schmancy android.... and I HATED it. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. I tried to be friends and get use to it. 1 week later I took it back and got a new iphone. During the week of the android I was just so frustrated with not being able to do things as quickly as I use to and not knowing my way around and even just getting use to the keyboard, I just  stopped internet life. no facebook. no instagram. no blog.  So there was another week I was MIA.

This weekend: we took a mini-cation to Tulsa, so I've been spending time alone with the hubs. Now we're back, and here I am.. finally able to catch up with you all! phwew. (I'm sure you were all very concerned about where I'd been. )


The future of LB: 
I'm not abandoning the blog. I'm not going on hiatus. I'm simply taking things down a notch. I won't be posting consistently on a schedule. I'm really loving life in our new house with my family, and I feel like falling into the "schedule" of a blog and trying to pursue this full time just isn't what we need right now. BUT I will be around! I'll pop in and post when I have a DIY I want to share with you, or just a fun updated about where we are and what's going on. We'll still have giveaways! (we have a fun one later this week- check out IG for a hint about what)
And speaking of Instagram: I'm ALWAYS posting on IG. It's an easy way for me to keep in touch without dedicating hours to drawn out posts.. just little hey there! here's my cute kid. have a nice day posts. :) Sometimes that's all we can offer.

THAT BEING SAID: I'll no longer be doing paid sponsorship (at least for this season) I don't think it's fair to have sweet people pay for ads when I don't guarantee a consistent posting schedule. I value your money and your time and your businesses/blog.



Sometimes simplifying your life is exactly what you need and that's exactly where we are at this time. I really hope to hear from you all and not to lose touch.


Come say "hi" on instagram :)


No comments:

Post a Comment