HOME         ABOUT         30b430         2015         ADVERTISE         SHOP MK        

3.24.2014

Zoo weekend

Tristan and I have been talking about how excited we were to take Fern to the zoo this year for MONTHS. We took her last year, but she was so little. Could barely walk- wasn't really into the animals. VERY short attention span. This winter she learned all the animals and what they say. Her favorite is the elephant. Every time she walks by the vacuum cleaner, she grabs the hose and makes an elephant noise. Lucky us, our zoo just put in a new elephant observatory. (and it's pretty darn nice!) I've been meaning to find time to go, but it's been pushed back in the back of my mind.

Last week, Fern and I went to the lake with my family for a few days of spring break. Tristan couldn't come because he had work. :( We really missed him. BUT! Turns out, the little sneak worked overtime (deep into the dark hours) while we were gone so that he could take off early on Friday and surprise us with a zoo trip! What a guy. I tell ya.
We had such a great time. We have a great zoo. We didn't get to do everything we wanted, but we stayed for JUST enough time. 2 hours with an (almost) two year old is way enough. way way. enough. I'm excited to go back, though- We missed stingray bay and the children's zoo. Here's a few photos we did get to take <3

 
We had such a great time. I can't wait to go back for phase 2! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment